5th Annual Conference, November 14, 2015
Marriott Hotel, Quincy, Massachusetts
We would be delighted to have you join us for our 5th annual conference: The Art of Living – Life Beyond Cancer, designed to help survivors and their caregivers navigate the road to healing with a full day of professionally led workshops and skill building seminars that address such issues as:
- Recent Developments in Immune-Targeted Therapy: Inspiring Your Body to Kill Your Cancer
- Cognitive Health for Cancer Survivors
- Being a caregiver: What’s It All About?
NEW THIS YEAR FOR YOUNG ADULTS:
- Body Image, Self-esteem and Relationships
- Getting Connected as a Young Adult in Boston
It is our hope and expectation that attendees will leave this day feeling renewed, empowered, energized and — most importantly — equipped to live life beyond cancer.
If registering more than 1 attendee, please add each separately to your cart and fill out the workshop preferences before check out.
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate: Boston Marriott Quincy for 149.00 USD per night
For more information, call 781.878.8639 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Parking at the hotel is complimentary.
Delta Air Lines is generously offering discounted air travel for individuals from out of state who are interested in attending The Art of Living – Life Beyond Cancer conference.
Call our office at 781-878-8639 for details.
Please lend your support! Gifts to the Friends of Mel, a 501(c)(3) public charity, are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. (Friends of Mel Tax ID: 45-0541216)
Matthew J. Loscalzo, LCSW – City of Hope
Executive Director, Supportive Care Medicine
Liliane Elkins Professor in Supportive Care Programs,
Professor, Population Sciences
Trauma to Treasure: Finding Strength Through Life Challenging Experiences
Cancer presents a profound challenge to living a “normal” life but also provides survivors an opportunity to create a path for living that is consciously chosen. This presentation will focus on the inherent strengths of individuals to build a future based on lessons learned from their cancer experience.
Jennifer Klemp, PhD, MPH, MA
Founder/CEO, Cancer Survivorship Training, Inc
Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Clinical Oncology
Director, Cancer Survivorship
Cancer Survivorship: the Who, What, When, Where, Why and How
After a cancer diagnosis, individuals and loved ones begin a journey of survival through “seasons” or stages that require different choices, decisions and resources. A shift from passive patient to proactive survivor helps to foster a sense of hopefulness and cautious optimism when planning for life with, through and beyond cancer.
4th Annual Conference: The Art of Living – Life Beyond Cancer 2014
Testimonials from the Conference:
- “The conference was wonderful! The only issue I had was that there were so many great sessions. I couldn’t decide which one to attend!”
- “the conference exceeded my expectations. It was a turning point in my recovering. Thank you so much! It was so well organized, welcoming, useful and not sentimental. I felt empowered.”
- I enjoy learning from other cancer patients and being encouraged. Getting some great info from experts knowing I am not alone in my struggles. I hope I encouraged others…as well.”
Just complete the form below and pay securely using PayPal (you do not need a PayPal account).